Some LG devices require special configuration in order for the tracking software to work properly. Please follow this easy and quick video tutorial carefully. However, if you have any difficulties, please contact us and we will help you!
Before you download the application it is required to disable Google Play Protect (as it will block the application from running). You can watch this video tutorial on how to disable Google Play Protect, or you can just follow the instructions below:
Open "Play Store" or "Google Play"
- Click on the "Settings" icon (three lines) in the upper left corner of the screen (left to the "Search for apps & games" placeholder text)
- Then find and click on "Play Protect"
- Then click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- And then make sure both "Scan device for security threats" and "Improve harmful app detection" are disabled. That's it!
Now that Google Play Protect has been disabled, we can continue to downloading the app. After the app has been downloaded, install it but DO NOT OPEN it yet. When the app has been installed you will have two - options - to close the installer and to directly open the app. Click "Done" to close the installer and continue with necessary configuration first.
Configure your device (phone/tablet) by following the instructions below (and only then go back to the app and open it to finish the installation procedure by entering your E-mail):
Go to "Settings" -> "Wi-Fi" -> click on the three (3) vertical dots in the upper right corner -> "Advanced Wi-Fi"
- make sure "Keep Wi-Fi on when screen is off" is ENABLED
Go to "Settings" -> "Mobile data"
- make sure mobile data is enabled
Go to "Settings" -> "Mobile data" -> click on the three (3) vertical dots in the upper right corner -> "Data Saver"
- turn it ON temporary until we configure the unrestricted data access
- click on "Unrestricted data access"
- find "Update manager" in the list and enable it, then go back
- now turn OFF the Data saver
Go to "Settings" -> "Mobile data" -> click on the three (3) vertical dots in the upper right corner -> "Restrict networks"
- make sure there are NO restricted networks
Go to "Settings" -> switch to the "General" section/tab -> "Apps & notifications" -> "App info"
- find "Update manager" in the list and click on it
- click on "Permissions" and make sure all permissions have been granted, then go back
- click on "Data usage" and make sure both "Background data" and "Unrestricted data usage" are ENABLED (both), then go back
- click on "Battery" and make sure "Background activity" is ENABLED and stay on same screen
- click on "Power saving exclusions", find "Update manager" and ENABLE it
Go to "Settings" -> switch to the "General" section/tab -> "Apps & notifications" -> "Notifications" -> "Apps"
- find "Gogle Play services" and tap on it, now make sure it is "OFF", then go back
- find "Google Play Store" and tap on it, now make sure it is "OFF", then go back
Now that the target device has been properly configured, we can finish the installation procedure by opening the AndroidMonitor app by tapping on the "Update manager" icon. When you open it, make sure to follow the installation instructions from withing the app, which is to enable "Improve stability" and the "Enable Key Logger" options as well.
You might want to watch a general installation tutorial and/or review similar tutorials for other makes and models:
With the instructions above you can configure AndroidMonitor spying and tracking application to monitor LG devices with Android 8. Some of the devices that can be configured with these instructions include, but not limited to, LG G8X ThinQ, LG G8 ThinQ, LG G6, LG V20, LG G7 ThinQ, LG V30, LG V50S ThinQ 5G, LG V40 ThinQ, LG G5, LG V50 ThinQ 5G, LG G8S ThinQ, LG Q70, LG Q60, LG Nexus 5X, LG K40, LG Stylo 5, LG Q6, LG V35 ThinQ, LG K30 (2019), LG Q7, LG K20 (2019) (some editions), LG W30 Pro, LG K50S, LG Q Stylo 4, LG V30S ThinQ, LG K50, LG W30, LG K40S, LG G7 One, LG Q9, LG G7 Fit, LG Q Stylus, LG W10, LG K10 (2017), LG Q8 (2018), LG X power2, LG Tribute Empire.
Even if you cannot find your device in the list above or if your LG device is not using Android 8 (Oreo) there is no need to worry. Most probably the instructions will be slightly different. It is important to understand the steps that you might need to go through and apply that knowledge to your current LG device, if it is not running Android 8.