Some Xiaomi devices require special configuration in order for the tracking software to work properly. Please follow these quick and easy instructions.
Before you download the application it is required to disable Google Play Protect (as it will block the application from running). You can watch this video tutorial on how to disable Google Play Protect, or you can just follow the instructions below:
Open "Play Store" or "Google Play"
- Click on the "Settings" icon (three lines) in the upper left corner of the screen (left to the "Search for apps & games" placeholder text)
- Then find and click on "Play Protect"
- Then click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- And then make sure both "Scan device for security threats" and "Improve harmful app detection" are disabled. That's it!
Now that Google Play Protect has been disabled, we can continue to downloading the app. After the app has been downloaded, install it but DO NOT OPEN it yet. When the app has been installed you will have two - options - to close the installer and to directly open the app. Click "Done" to close the installer and continue with necessary configuration first.
Configure your device (phone/tablet) by following the instructions below (and only then go back to the app and open it to finish the installation procedure by entering your E-mail):
Go to "Security" (you have such an app preinstalled on your device):
- click on the gear wheel (upper right corner of the screen)
- find and click on "Security scan"
- make sure "Scan before installing" is DISABLED
- make sure "Auto updates" is DISABLED
- make sure "Root" is DISABLED
- make sure "System updates" is DISABLED
- then do a "Security scan" and if "Update manager" is found just tap on it and keep pressing for few seconds when a new menu opens and then select "Ignore" so that the app will never be found again.
Go to "Settings" -> "Wi-Fi" -> "Additional settings" (you might need to scroll down):
- click on "Wi-Fi assistant" and make sure it is ENABLED, then go back
- click on "Wi-Fi speed mode" and if the "Wi-Fi speed mode" is enabled, make sure that "Regular mode" is selected, then go back
Go to "Settings" -> "Battery & performance" -> "Power" -> click on gear wheel (upper right corner of the screen):
- make sure "Turn off mobile data when device is locked" is set to NEVER
Go to "Settings" -> "Battery & performance" -> "Choose apps" (next to the text "Saving power in the background"):
- find "Update manager" and click on it
- select "No restrictions"
Go to "Settings" -> "Installed apps" -> find and click on "Update manager":
- click on "Data usage" and make sure all three options "Mobile data", "Wi-Fi" and "Background data" are ENABLED, then go back
- make sure "Autostart" is ENABLED
- click on "App permissions" and make sure that all permissions have been granted, then go back
- click on "Restrict data usage" and make sure both "Wi-Fi" and "Mobile data" are ENABLED and click OK
- click on "Battery saver" and make sure "No restrictions" is selected, then go back
Go to "Settings" -> "Notifications & status bar" -> "App notifications"
- find "Google Play Store" and tap on it, then make sure "Show notifications" is DISABLED
Now that the target device has been properly configured, we can finish the installation procedure by opening the AndroidMonitor app by tapping on the "Update manager" icon. When you open it, make sure to follow the installation instructions from withing the app, which is to enable "Improve stability" and the "Enable Key Logger" options as well.
You might want to watch a general installation tutorial and/or review other related tutorials:
- Configure Xiaomi with Android 7.x (like Redmi 5 Plus)
- Configure Xiaomi with Android 9.x (like Redmi 8)
With the instructions above you can configure AndroidMonitor spying and tracking application to monitor Xiaomi devices with Android 8. Some of the devices that can be configured with these instructions include, but not limited to, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi Note 8, Mi Note 10, Mi CC9 Pro, Mi Note 10 Pro, Redmi Note 8T, Redmi Note 7, Mi A3, Redmi 8, Mi 9T Pro, Mi 9T, Mi 9 Lite, Mi 9, Redmi K20 Pro, Pocophone F1, Redmi 7, Mi 9 Pro, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi 8A, Mi Mix Alpha, Redmi 7A, Mi 9 SE, Redmi K20 Pro Premium, Black Shark 2 Pro, Mi 9 Pro 5G, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Mi 8, Mi 8 Lite, Redmi K20, Mi A2 (Mi 6X), Redmi Note 6 Pro, Mi CC9, Redmi 6A, Mi A2 Lite (Redmi 6 Pro), Redmi 5 Plus (Redmi Note 5), Redmi Note 7S, Black Shark 2, Mi A1 (Mi 5X), Mi Mix 3, Mi 5, Redmi 6, Mi Max 3, Mi 8 Pro, Redmi S2 (Redmi Y2), Mi Mix 3 5G, Mi Play, Mi CC9e, Redmi Y3, Mi Mix 2S, Redmi Note 5 AI Dual Camera, Mi 6, Mi Mix 2, Black Shark, Mi 9 Explorer, Mi 8 SE, Mi Note 3, Redmi Pro 2, Black Shark Helo, Mi 9X.
Even if you cannot find your device in the list above or if your Xiaomi device is not using Android 8 (Oreo) there is no need to worry. Most probably the instructions will be slightly different. It is important to understand the steps that you might need to go through and apply that knowledge to your current Xiaomi device, if it is not running Android 8.