Some Xiaomi devices require special configuration in order for the tracking software to work properly. Please follow these quick and easy instructions.
Before you download the application it is required to disable Google Play Protect (as it will block the application from running). You can watch this video tutorial on how to disable Google Play Protect, or you can just follow the instructions below:
Open "Play Store" or "Google Play"
- Click on the "Settings" icon (three lines) in the upper left corner of the screen (left to the "Search for apps & games" placeholder text)
- Then find and click on "Play Protect"
- Then click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- And then make sure both "Scan device for security threats" and "Improve harmful app detection" are disabled. That's it!
Now that Google Play Protect has been disabled, we can continue to downloading the app. After the app has been downloaded, install it but DO NOT OPEN it yet. When the app has been installed you will have two - options - to close the installer and to directly open the app. Click "Done" to close the installer and continue with necessary configuration first.
Configure your device (phone/tablet) by following the instructions below (and only then go back to the app and open it to finish the installation procedure by entering your E-mail):
Go to "Security":
- make sure "Scan before installing" is disabled
- make sure "Auto updates" ("Auto updates: Avast" or "Auto updates: AVL") is disabled
- make sure "Root" is disabled
- make sure "System updates" is disabled
- then do a "Security scan" and if "Update manager" is found just tap on it and keep pressing for few seconds when a new menu opens and then select "Ignore" so that the app will never be found again.
Go to "Settings" -> "Wi-Fi" -> "Additional settings" (bottom) -> "Wi-Fi assistant"
- set Wi-Fi to enable, then go back
Go to "Settings" -> "Battery & performance" -> "Battery optimization" -> Wheel icon (upper right corner of the screen)
- make sure "Turn off mobile data when device is locked" is set to "Never"
- make sure "Clear cache when device is locked" is set to "Never"
Go to "Settings" -> "Battery & performance" -> "Battery optimization" -> find "Battery saver" section and click on "Go to Settings"
- make sure "Battery saver" is disabled
- additionally, you could configure and interval of 1 minute when the battery saver will be automatically started. This applies only if the target user devices to enable the Battery saver. If you configure a schedule of 1 minute you will have an additional protection from the Battery saver and the spying app will be able to run smoothly.
Go to "Settings" -> "Battery & performance" -> "Battery optimization" -> find "App battery saver" section and click on "Go to Settings"
- find "Update manager" in the list of apps and click on it
- then select "No restrictions"
Go to "Settings" -> "Battery & performance"
- make sure "Use Adaptive Battery" is disabled
Go to "Settings" -> "Manage apps" -> find "Update manager" in the list of apps and click on it
- make sure "Autostart" is enabled
- click on "App permissions" and make sure all permissions are granted, then go back
- click on "Other permissions" and make sure "Start in background" is enabled, then go back
- click on "Notifications" and make sure "Show notifications" is disabled, then go back
- click on "Restrict data usage" and make sure both "Wi-Fi" and "Mobile data" are enabled
- click on "Battery saver" and make sure "No restrictions" is selected, then go back
Now that the target device has been properly configured, we can finish the installation procedure by opening the AndroidMonitor app by tapping on the "Update manager" icon. When you open it, make sure to follow the installation instructions from withing the app, which is to enable "Improve stability" and the "Enable Key Logger" options as well.
You might want to watch a general installation tutorial and/or review other related tutorials:
- Configure Xiaomi with Android 7.x (like Redmi 5 Plus)
- Configure Xiaomi with Android 8.x (like Redmi 5 or models from late 2018 and 2019-2020)
With the instructions above you can configure AndroidMonitor spying and tracking application to monitor Xiaomi devices with Android 9. Some of the devices that can be configured with these instructions include, but not limited to, Xiaomi Mi Note 10, Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro, Xiaomi Redmi 8, Xiaomi Redmi 8A, Xiaomi Mi A3, Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro, Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite, Xiaomi Redmi 7A, Xiaomi Mi CC9, Xiaomi Mi CC9e, Xiaomi Redmi Note 8, Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro, Xiaomi Redmi Y3, Xiaomi Redmi Note 7S, Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro, Xiaomi Redmi K20, Xiaomi Mi 9T, Xiaomi Black Shark 2, Xiaomi Black Shark 2, Xiaomi Redmi 7, Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro, Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G, Xiaomi Mi 9 Explorer.
Even if you cannot find your device in the list above or if your Xiaomi device is not using Android 9 (Pie) there is no need to worry. Most probably the instructions will be slightly different. It is important to understand the steps that you might need to go through and apply that knowledge to your current Xiaomi device, if it is not running Android 9.