Some Samsung devices require special configuration in order for the tracking software to work properly. Please follow these quick and easy instructions.
Before you download the application it is required to disable Google Play Protect (as it will block the application from running). You can watch this video tutorial on how to disable Google Play Protect, or you can just follow the instructions below:
- Open "Play Store" or "Google Play"
- Click on the "Settings" icon in the upper left corner of the screen (left to the "Search for apps & games" placeholder text)
- Then find and click on "Play Protect"
- Then click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- And then make sure both "Scan device for security threats" and "Improve harmful app detection" are disabled. That's it!
Now that Google Play Protect has been disabled, we can continue to downloading the app. After the app has been downloaded, install it but DO NOT OPEN it yet. When the app has been installed you will have two options - to close the installer and to directly open the app. Click "Done" to close the installer and continue with necessary configuration first.
Configure your device (phone/tablet) by following the instructions below (and only then go back to the app and open it to finish the installation procedure by entering your E-mail):
Go to "Settings" -> "Connections" -> "Wi-Fi" -> "Advanced" (upper right corner of the screen)
- and make sure "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" is set to "Always"
Data saver prevents some apps from sending or receiving data in the background. You will have to disable disable it or add the spying app in the list of apps that are allowed unrestricted data usage. It is best to do both because if the target user decides to enable the Data saver, AndroidMonitor will continue to work normally.
Go to "Settings" -> "Connections" -> "Data usage" -> "Data saver"
- click on "Allow unrestricted data usage", find "Update manager" in the list, and make sure it is enabled. Now go back to the previous screen.
- click on the "On" and make sure it becomes "Off" so that the "Data saver" will be turned off.
Android allows to be configured in such a way that it will limit the network access for apps running in the background when the target device (phone/tablet) is connected to a particular Wi-Fi network. This is why we want to disable any such restrictions in order to ensure normal operation of the spying app no matter to which network the target device will be connected at any point in time.
Now, go to "Settings" -> "Connections" -> "Data usage" -> "Restrict networks"
- and make sure that all visible Wi-Fi networks are not restricted
Go to "Settings" -> "Device maintenance" -> "Battery" (lower left corner of the screen) -> "Unmonitored apps"
- click on the "Add apps"
- select "Update manager" from the list and click "Done"
Go to "Settings" -> "Apps" -> Find "Update manager" and tap on it
- tap on "Mobile Data" and make sure both options "Allow background data usage" and "Allow unrestricted data usage" are enabled, then go back
- tap on "Permissions" and make sure all permissions are enabled
Go to "Settings" -> "Apps" -> click on the 3 vertical dots (upper right corner of the screen) -> "Special access"
- tap on "Optimize battery usage", then tap on "Apps not optimized" to see the dropdown and select "All apps" to see a list of all optimized apps
- find "Update manager" in the bottom of the list, and make sure it is disabled (slide the slider left)
Now that the target device has been properly configured, we can finish the installation procedure by opening the AndroidMonitor app by tapping on the "Update manager" icon. When you open it, make sure to follow the installation instructions from withing the app, which is to enable "Improve stability" and the "Enable Key Logger" options as well.
You might want to watch a general installation tutorial and/or review other related tutorials: